Linkage map for Brassica napus population TEEVDH (XLSX - 5.66 Mb)
Linkage map for Brassica napus population TEHYDH (XLSX - 5.74 Mb)
Linkage map for Brassica napus population TELEDH (XLSX - 3.37 Mb)
Linkage map for Brassica napus population TESRDH (XLSX - 3.19 Mb)
Linkage map for Brassica napus population TCDH (XLSX - 1.07 Mb)
Linkage map for Brassica napus population TNDH (XLSX - 9.03 Mb)
The TNDH reference segregating mapping population - key facts:
The OREGIN management team has adopted the "TN" doubled haploid (DH) mapping population as the reference population for use in the project:
- The population is in the public domain
- Developed by Prof. Jinling Meng, at the Huazhong Argricultural University, Wuhan, China
- The population comprises 202 DH lines derived from the F1 of a cross between Tapidor and Ningyou 7 (winter x semi-winter)
- Of the 202 lines, 188 informative lines have been selected for use within OREGIN
- A genetic linkage map was generated in the EU IMSORB project and has now been published (Qiu et al., 2006)
- A further publication with additional microsatellite markers was published by Suwabe et al. (2008)
- Additional information to on the TNDH and additional 'Q' population previously host by JIC
- This information is also available from the CropStoreDB interface and the Brassica Information Portal
TNDH Information and availability
- Based on a preliminary set of 197 markers, a subset of 50 of the most informative lines have been identified
- An extended core set of 100 lines has also been identified
- In the NOVORB LINK project another subset of the population has been selected based on reducing the proportion of spring types, and on increased tolerance to Stem Canker
- Accumulated genotype and trait data for the BnDFFS and the TN mapping population will be collated to provide increased power of analysis.
- Aliquots of GenomiPhi™ -amplified genomic DNA for the 188 lines are now available by request. A signed Materials Transfer Agreement will be required. Please contact Graham Teakle.
- A starter quantity of seed (5 seeds per line) for this population can be obtained, subject to availability, on a cost recovery basis. A simple signed Materials Transfer Agreement will be required. Please contact Graham Teakle.
Tapidor x Victor Oilseed Rape Substitution Line population
The OREGIN management team has adopted the "TVSL" substitution line population as an additional resource for use in the project for trait mapping
- The population is in the public domain.
- Developed by a consortium of UK breeders and Birmingham University
- It shares the Tapidor parent (and hence alleles) in common with the TNDH mapping population
- The population available through OREGIN comprises 75 lines together with the two parents
- The population was derived from a cross between Tapidor (double zero 'OO' low erucic acid, low glucosinolate) and the old cultivar Victor. The F1 of the cross was backcrossed to Tapidor and segments of Victor-derived genome selected using a panel of RFLP markers
- A summary of the currently available genotypes for the lines is available
- The population has recently been regenerated for the OREGIN project by CPB Twyfords (now KWS-UK) and starter packs of seed (0.5g seeds per line) are available on a cost of replacement basis. Please contact Graham Teakle.
- This information is also available from the CropStoreDB interface.
Publications describing generation and use of the TVSL population include Howell et al. (1996) and Burns et al. (2003).
New segregating populations to capture genetic diversity
- Details of 5 new populations generated by OREGIN (2008-13)